CarTorque Communities Pty Ltd (CarTorque) is committed to protecting your privacy. In accordance with the privacy law, this policy outlines how we manage privacy protection of your personal information when you use CarTorque or otherwise have dealings with us. We want you to feel empowered and informed about your privacy on CarTorque.
Collection of personal information
Personal information is information that, either alone or in combination with other information collected, identifies an individual.
We may collect personal information if you:
• Deal with us directly in person, over the phone or via our support service;
• Create an account with CarTorque and complete your profile information and when you modify this information;
• Sync information from other applications or databases to CarTorque;
• Interact with us or post information online, including through our website and mobile application;
• Register for an event;
• Apply for a position with us;
• Otherwise provide information to us;
This information may be required to:
• Signup to CarTorque;
• Enable us to provide you with a personalised service;
• Receive information from us;
• Register to use join communities;
• Use our mobile application;
• Work with us;
• Provide products and services to you;
• Provide you with new and updated information about our products and services;
We will usually collect your name and contact details such as your email address, telephone number and residential and postal address.
We collect this information through our staff, our contracted agents and other service providers and through information that you provide to us on CarTorque.
Information sent by your web browser and mobile device may be automatically collected. This information typically includes your domain name. It may also contain your user name and location data. Other examples of information collected by us include the device used to connect to CarTorque, average time spent on CarTorque, pages viewed, ads you have viewed, searches performed, if you join and participate in groups, information you post, when you install our mobile application, if you import your address book, when you view content, when you apply for jobs, websites visited before and other relevant statistics. The amount of information sent depends on the settings you have on your web browser and other tools.
Wherever practicable, we will ask you for the information directly.
How we use your personal information
The personal information you provide to us may be used:
• To allow you to obtain access to the interactive elements of CarTorque
• To provide you with the information, services or resources you have requested;
• For the marketing, advertising and research purposes of CarTorque, its contractors or services providers;
• For internal administration purposes;
• To update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
• For research, advice and information;
• To notify you about our services, products or groups you may like;
• To send you updates;
• To assess any application form from you to work for us; and
• If you lodge a complaint with us, to process and respond to your complaint.
We will also use this information to send you details of other products and services that may be of interest to you. At any time, if you no longer wish to receive this additional marketing material let us know, and your details will be removed from the marketing database.
If we do not collect the personal information we may not be able to provide you with the services or assistance you have requested. We retain personal information for as long as it is needed for our operations.
Who will see or have access to your personal information?
In providing our products and services or collecting and using your personal information, we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to third party organisations, including outsourced service providers, our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors, regulatory government and other authorities as required by law and our related organisations.
We take reasonable steps to ensure our information systems and files are kept secured from unauthorised access and our staff and contracted agents and service providers have been informed of the importance we place on protecting your privacy and their role in helping us to do so. We also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
You can access and update your personal information
Subject to any legal restrictions we would be happy to advise you what personal information we hold about you if you request this. If you would like to access or change your details please let us know. In most cases, a summary of your personal information, such as your name and contact details is available free of charge. We encourage you to contact us to update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, current and complete.
CarTorque is not directed to children under 13 years of age. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
Our contact details
Post was successfully added to your timeline!
You have reached your limit of 5000 friends!
File size error: The file exceeds allowed the limit (954 MB) and can not be uploaded.
Unable to upload a file: This file type is not supported.
Create An Account To Continue
Listing events or creating a Club is free, and only requires a login to manage it. Click below to create your free account.
Set Your Location
Change your location and distance below to view relevant content
Change your location and select from the drop down list